Pre-Need Funeral Counselor
What is Pre-Need Planning?
Pre-Need Planning refer to any aspect of arranging, planning and funding one’s funeral before a death occurs. Most mortuaries offer pre-need planning programs and an opportunity to pre-plan funeral services, burial or cremation. There is no cost for the counseling involved in pre-planning.
More and more people are taking advantage of the opportunity to pre-plan, in order to:
- Personalize one’s services, deciding what they want and do not want in services
- Control the costs of services and avoid spending too much or too little
- Guarantee services, providing protection from inflation
Values of Becoming a Pre-Need Funeral Counselor
- Helping families in a unique and special way by making sure the choice is theirs
- Providing vital statistics and family information for the vital records and obituary
- Record the family’s wishes on file with the funeral service that they prefer
- Lessen the emotional and financial toll in the case death takes on the family
- Making sure they avoid future family disagreements and conflicts, by making the decisions themselves
- Giving a peace of mind to the family because they have prepared and made sure their affairs are in order